Monday, August 4, 2008

Remember the fame

One of my favourite philosophers Zhuang Zi once said,
to get past fame, is much more difficult than to get past material riches...
What I mean by getting pass is to disregard, or to really know and understand that riches and fame don't really matter.... It's kinda hard to translate chinese to english with my limited language skills.

Now I think that is really true, in troy, Archilles hungers for fame and glory, he cares not for riches... he knew he would die, but for his name, he would rather give his life... Is it worth it? I know not, he now has his legacy, you could say he lives on forever... but what good has he done? Other than the fact that we know he's the best warrior. I hope he doesn't haunt me for my words...

Those hankering after the nobel awards, I believe they've already gotten past the material riches, but they're still going for immortality...

So many of us are aspiring to be popstars are sucessful in our careers or even to have a beautiful model-like girlfriend as a trophy, that is just in pursuit of a fame and a name.

Perhaps it's of no coincidence,
that fame rhymes with name....

No comments: