Sunday, August 31, 2008

juz quotes

To have another language is to possess a second soul.
Charlemagne


Hmm... a very interesting quote. Another language, another culture, another understanding, another perspective. But why learn another when one hasn't even mastered one? But when will we ever completely master a language? Least I know my english isn't good enough for me to try another language. My vocab sux, see, I couldn't even come up with a better word other than sux.

By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach.
Winston Churchill

Churchill is cetarinly one witty old fella.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill

Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to speak it to?
Clarence Darrow

I like this, command of language is like another weapon or armory for the so called 'minds' to distinguish themselves from the mediocore, brawls, brutes, peasants etc. which brings me to a quote of my 0wn, yeah,

"Never forget the first principle of communication, to get your message across." ~~ me

Hmm... Doesn't sound or feel very good, needs improving, but I'll just leave it like this for now.

No comments: