Monday, August 4, 2008

Mother Teresa and the starfish

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. Mother Teresa

I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. Mother Teresa


I think she really is amazing, I mean talk all we want but to be able to give it all for others, who really can do it?


I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbor. Do you know your next door neighbor? Mother Teresa

I think we should start with our own kins first, how many times have we taken them for granted? How many of us treat our friends with more patience than our kins?


If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it. Mother Teresa

This quote to me has special significance to couples who have been together for a long time and feel the flame of love burning out but are just together because they forgotten how to be alone and are fearful of lonliness.


If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. Mother Teresa

Reminds me of the starfish story..... The very famous one... where one of my friends used in his speeches...

There was a little boy, who was on the beach. He was seen from afar, to be throwing the many starfish that were washed ashore by the waves back into the sea... Over and over again, he did the same thing... An old man sighed at his foolishness..

"Little one, how many can you save? There are millions of them out here, what difference does it make?"

"It might not make a difference to us, but to each of them I saved, it makes a hell lot of difference for them." And with that, he carried on saving the starfish (Is there a plural?)...

No comments: