Saturday, November 24, 2007

Growing UP!

Some people can't wait to grow up. I find that a terribly sad thing.

Some people take everything so seriously. I find that a terribly serious matter.


Oscar Wilde once said, "Life is too serious a thing to be taken seriously." Something like that, I forgot the exact phrasing. He also said, "Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow." Now now people, serious people, do not direct your anger at me, it is he, the great Oscar Wilde who said this, not me, the nameless one.


J.M. Barrie
: Young boys should never be sent to bed... they always wake up a day older.

Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.

I would bring myself down to his level. I would talk to him about bridge, and golf, and politics, and neckties. And the grown-up would be greatly pleased to have met such a sensible man.


To my childish friend, it is a beautiful gift you have, to be childish, so cherish it and never lose the child in you. The same goes for all childish people out there, do not lose the child in you, for it is when we are children, that we find life is truly beautiful.

2 comments:

ah boon said...

hmm.... tho i dun agree.. i respect your point.... It depends on what you are looking for in life and what personality you wanna the majority to see you as. (:

The relaxing me will definitely not wat my fren will see in me, bt doesnt mean that I dun relax and be just chilish at times..

Taking life serious is to plan for future... life w/o aim is meaningless. I had a fren, his aim is to drive a beemer in his life. And I respect his ambitious.

hahaas... it is nice to look at thiings at different level, ur blog is definitely different from my philosophy in life.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am still childish. And, appreciated for that childishness. How nice~