Thursday, May 22, 2008

Zhaung zi

Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness. Zhuangzi

I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man? Zhuangzi

We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away. Zhuangzi

Rewards and punishments are the lowest form of education.

Zhuang Zi


2 of the wisest people I think who ever existed on this earth, zhuang zi and lao zi..... Haha, but it's in my opinion la, there are so many wise people out there that I've never met or read, and what is wisest really? Can there really be any comparison? But I just admire these 2 guys and their philosphies and beliefs.....

There's this chinese show, Yu Dan... she talks real good, about these chinese philosophies... can be found on youtube too... you might want to take a look....

And I think kong zi, confuscious, may not be the wisest in the sense that maybe it is too idealistic? Who am I to say that... but his most famous statement i guess is that human nature is good, it's the environment or upbringing that might lead us astray..... This is really debatable and I don't think a true answer can ever be found.... all depends on our beliefs and faith...

And in the Yu DAn talk, she talks about Jin Yong... and the martial arts world.. whereby invincibility is when you have no strokes..... She says, if you have a martial arts manual, regardless how formidable it is, there will still be a counter stroke..... therefore, if you have no strokes.... then there will not be any counter stroke ... and thus you are invincible.. and i think this was mentioned in Xiao Ao jiang hu as well....... and it's translated to laughing in the wind in crunchy roll and veoh tv... Haha, how did they come up with this name? laughing in the wind? but if you ask me, i seriously have no better suggestions....

Therefore, in soccer, haha, if you have no strokes, no tactics, then you will be invicible.. and I guess that's what Fergies is trying to do, letting his attackers free roam..... this can also be apply to one on one situations..... and there's this super soccer comic that every soccer lover must read, fantastica...... shao4 nian2 zu2 qiu2 meng4

No comments: