Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chinese philospophy

I think the chinese literature Professor Yu dan is quite amazing in her prowess as a lecturer, a teacher, her delivery of ideas is excellent, simple, clear and interesting, something we can all relate to. An excellent teacher.

She got me kind of interested in chinese philosophy. But what's troubling me is that why do the sages write in such undecipherable manners, as in why do they speak and write in such a profound way that it makes it so hard for those who have little grasp of the language to understand. Because it is so profound, any translations would have already altered the meaning unconsciously... I can understand from a teacher's standpoint of view that one has to speak with ambiguity to guide the student to find out the way on his own.. I guess that's the reason and hence everyone has their own take on it..

No comments: